Siming literally means Missing Ming Dynasty .In 1650, Zheng Chenggong changed the name of Xiamen to Siming Zhou . In the beginning age of the Republic of China, a Siming County was established. 
The place was made Zhongxin District in October 1945. It was renamed to Siming in 1950. In April 1953, the district's government was upgraded from District Bureau to People's Government . From August 1966 to October 1979, Siming was named Xiangyang .
Before the merge, Siming originally has five street offices :
The above five are divided into 58 residential committees , and two villages: Zengcuoan and Huangcuo . In May 2003, Siming's two neighbouring districts -- Gulangyu Island and the larger Kaiyuan -- were merged into Siming.
Xiagang Street was originally a district in 1950.
Today, Siming has ten street offices :
These street offices are divided into 95 residential committees